Tagged: Francesco Caratti

Czernin Palace / Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Humprecht Jan Černín (Czernin, in the usual German spelling) came from one of the wealthiest families in the Czech lands, whose fortunes were enriched still further following the Catholic victory in the Thirty Years’ War....

Újezd 450/40 Michna Palace (Tyrš House)

This sumptuous late renaissance structure in Prague’s Malá Strana district was developed from a property owned by the Kinsky family. After 1623, on the instructions of the new owner Pavel Michna of Vacínov, it was...

Maltézské náměstí 471/1: Nostic Palace

Maltézské náměstí 471/1: Nostic Palace

This early baroque palace in the Malá Strana district was built between 1662 and 1675 for Jan Hartvik, count of Nostitz (‘Nostic’ in Czech orthography). For many years attributed to Francesco Caratti, later analysis suggests...

Křižovnické náměstí: Church of the Holy Saviour

Křižovnické náměstí: Church of the Holy Saviour

The Jesuit church of the Holy Saviour (Sanctus Salvator) was originally constructed in 1578. From 1638 to 1648, it was remodelled in the baroque style by the youthful Italian architects Carlo Lurago and Francesco Caratti,...