Nad hradním vodojemem 642/14: Villa Müller
This impressive modernist villa was designed in 1928 by the celebrated architect Adolf Loos for the the family of civil engineer František Müller, co-owner of the Kapsa-Müller construction company. A clean white cube set on a steep hillside in the western suburb of Střešovice, the house is the finest expression of the architect’s philosophy of ‘Raumplan’- the simple and economic use of surfaces and spaces to achieve a harmonious design for living. The exterior is notable for its few embellishments and straightforward minimalist articulation.
Following the fall of Communism the villa was restituted to the family, who subsequently donated it to the city of Prague. Today it has been beautifully restored and is open to the public as a national monument.