Malostranské náměstí 37/23: Kaiserstein palace
The palace was built for Franz Helfried, Baron of Kaiserstein, whose coat-of-arms appears above the window. Originally a renaissance building dating from 1630, it was substantially restyled in 1714 by the Italian architect Giovanni Battista Aliprandi, with construction overseen by Krsytof Dientzenhofer. The statues of the four elements that appear on the roof of the building are by the Italian sculptor Ottavio Mosto.
A number of celebrated names are associated with the house. From 1835 to 1845 it was the residence of Joachim Barrande, the French-born geologist who gave his name to the district of Barrandov. From 1908 to 1914, the world-famous operatic soprano Ema Destinnová (Emmy Destinn) lived here.