Staroměstské náměstí 608/10
‘Gules, a tower, triple-towered or, in the open gateway an arm in armour embowed fesseways holding in the hand a sword in bend sinister, all proper.’
The arms of the City of Prague appear on several houses in the Old Town Square including this historicist facade from 1906. Originally the gateway of the tower was empty. The brandished sword was added to commemorate the defence of the Charles Bridge against the Swedish army during the Battle of Prague (1648), the final encounter of the Thirty Years’ War.