Vodičkova 710/31

In 1922, the original neo-renaissance building by Otto Ehlen (1883) was refaced in the prevalent rondo-cubist style favoured by architects such as Josef Gočár and Pavel Janák. Although these two famous names were consulted on the project, it appears that the eclectic facade is in fact the work of the little-known architect Josef Čapek (born in 1880, seven years before his namesake the artist and writer).

The renovations were carried out on behalf of the renowned pastry chef František Myšák, who had bought the property in 1910 for his patisserie. This excellent cake-shop occupies the premises to this day.