Tagged: Giovanni Battista Aliprandi

P1130251b-6

Hospital and Church of the Holy Trinity, Kuks

Almost exactly halfway between the cities of Hradec Králové and Trutnov in the north of the Czech Republic, the river Elbe flows through the pleasant wooded valley of Kuks, from which the land rises gently away on both...

veltrusy-chateau

Veltrusy Chateau

Situated on the banks of the river Vltava about twenty miles north of Prague, the chateau of Veltrusy was commissioned in 1704 for the counts of Chotek. Work began around the year 1706 to a tightly symmetrical plan...

Colloredo Mansfeld Palace, Prague

Karlova 189/2: Colloredo-Mansfeld Palace

Between 1736 and 1737 the original renaissance palace by Giovanni Battista Aliprandi was rebuilt in the high baroque style for Prince Paul Henry of Mansfeld, probably by the architect Franz Ignaz Prée. Despite late rococo styling throughout the...

P1110894b-5

Vlašská 347/19: Lobkowicz Palace

Originally a single-storey construction, this magnificent three-winged palace was built between 1703 and 1706 by the architect Giovanni Battista Aliprandi for Count Karel Přehořovský of Kvasejovice, Master of the Royal Mint. In 1753, it was acquired by the...

P1060914-1

Hradčanské náměstí 56/16: Archbishop’s Palace

The Italian Giovanni Battista Aliprandi is usually thought of as the architect of this building, but Dijon-born architect Jean Baptiste Mathey (responsible for the design of several major buildings in Prague, including Troja Chateau to the north of...

P1050776-1

Malostranské náměstí 37/23

The first floor balcony of the palace built for Franz Helfried, Baron of Kaiserstein, whose coat-of-arms appears above the window. The house dates from 1630 and was restyled in 1700 for the baron by the Italian architect Giovanni...