Staroměstské náměstí 552/16

Facade of A. Storch and Son, Bookseller and Publisher, built in 1896 on the site of the former 15th century Marshall’s House. The restored mural (originally by Mikoláš Aleš) reads ‘Saint Wenceslas, Duke of Bohemia, pray for us’.

In May 1945 the house, in the Old Town Square, was badly damaged during the uprising against the retreating Nazis; what we see now is a careful reconstruction dating from 1948.